new light

Postby stevearm » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:31 pm

Hi all
new to the forums
I wish to add a new light in our vestibul and allso a external light using a two gang switch i can break into the existing lighting circut using junction boxes to get the feed from but just cant fathom out the the rest of the connections.

Cheers

Steve
stevearm
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Hi Steve,
several ways but if putting in new wiring to new sw. position easiest is to take L&N from jbox [ensure it is a feed cable & not a switch wire your'e going from] to sw.position. From there run a twin/E to each light position.
ie 3 cables down wall.
fit new light in vestibule, & get outside light fitted by registered leckie[thats the legal bit done]
at sw. put all 3 blue [Neutrals} in spare connector in back of box, do same with [sleeved green/yellow] in another one.
Incoming live [brown] link to both Com, terms of switches, remaining 2 browns go 1 in each sw, L1 [or L2 if sw operates upside down]
regards SPARX
sparx

Postby stevearm » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:12 pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply
I will just put the cables in situ and have the sparky to connect it up

Thanks
Steve
stevearm
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!