New Neighbours are making so much noise!
Questions and answers on many aspects of soundproofing areas of your home

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shadow112
Apprentice
Apprentice

New Neighbours are making so much noise!

by shadow112 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 pm

We finally moved into our new house a week ago and can't believe the amount of noise we get from next door!

It sounds like they spend all day shouting from downstairs to upstairs and we an hear every word on their television from our lounge even though we have a hallway between us and a kitchen at the lower end. They have kept us awake until 2.30 on several nights as we can hear their bedroom tv in our room and we have a bathroom between that room and them.

I've looked at some pages suggesting stud walls with infill but our stairs run along the adjoining wall so don't think its a possibility.

I also read that the noise could be coming from underneath the floor void and we do have stripped floorboards with rugs so I suppose this is a possibility but not sure this can be the cause of the upstairs noise???

Any ideas much appreciated! We are shattered from lack of sleep and they really don't seem to be approachable - the language we hear is putrid and they constantly park cars etc blocking in othe neighbours drives :(

kazi t
Labourer
Labourer

by kazi t » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:54 pm

how i sympathise - we are in exactly the same situation. i would love to know if you get any advice on the floor as we have wooden original floorboards and feel like we are living in a resonating box!!!
check out soundstop as we are going to try their 52mm stopboards - worth a try. good luck
karen

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:54 am