New Oven on an Existing Circuit Plug Needed
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andrewf1974
Labourer
Labourer

New Oven on an Existing Circuit Plug Needed

by andrewf1974 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi All,

My oven has recently given up the ghost. I've been looking for a new one an I notice a lot (most) seem to come with a 13amp plug now. I've lived in my current property for 11 years and the existing oven has it's own circuit with a faceplate that turns it on and off (a hob is connected as well, but that works fine). There is also a breaker switch specifically for it.

Is is likely to be a big job to get someone to put in an oven with a plug - can it for example be connected directly to the existing circuit or will someone need to add a plug socket? I'm also concerned because it's a built in oven that if the fuse were to go then there'd be no easy access to it.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: New Oven on an Existing Circuit Plug Needed

by kbrownie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:17 am

Is you hob gas or electric?
There are a number of options, you could take a spur from the cooker outlet plate, to a socket that is located either at side cupboard or beneath the plinth of the kitchen units, this would give you access to it.

But removing an oven from the housing once fixed, is not such a big job. Normally just a couple of fixing screw to undo, then they slide out.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm