New Scene Lighting install
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AndyT
Labourer
Labourer

New Scene Lighting install

by AndyT » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:19 pm

Hey guys ,
Im just in the planning stages of a total renovation of my living/cinema room. Im looking at putting 3 banks of different types of low voltage downlights/twinkle lights in that will all be scene controlled using Rako in line dimmers (Link deleted as we do not advertise companies who do not advertise with us)

This dimming system negated the need for wiring back to the switch , so im just trying to get my head around how best to wire them all up.

The room at the moment has a single rose. Plus another feed to 2 wall lights ( will not be in final plan ).

As i do not need to wire back to the switch , can i just replace the exisiting rose with a junction box , then run 3 other junction box's from this. Each of the 3 junction box's would then connect to an inline Rako dimmer , then onto an appropriate transformer , which in turn connects to the lights.

If my vision doesnt make sense i can draw a picture of what i am envisaging.

Thanks

AndyT
Labourer
Labourer

by AndyT » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:40 pm

Ive been reading up on Part P , and i 'think' adding the additional lights and transformers/junction box's is not notifiable.

[quote]Part P applies to all electrical installation work carried out in dwellings. However, you do not need to tell your local authority's Building Control department about:
repairs and maintenance work or
extra power points or lighting points or other alterations to existing circuits (except in specially defined areas such as a kitchen, bathroom or outdoors)
[/quote]

However i wondered if somebody could confirm or deny my thoughts....

Thanks

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:57 pm