No hot Water and empty water tank in loft

Postby herbie_c » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:10 am

Hi, I've been googling to try and find an answer but not sure what to do.

My hot taps suddenly stopped producing water, so I went into the loft to check the tank... it's more or less empty. From what I've searched I think the cold water isn't feeding into the tank (hence why it's empty) but the ball cock thing seems to move freely but is obviously not doing whatever it does to make the tank fill up... i think...

Now that I've figured that much out (possibly)I'm not sure what i'm meant to do next so any advice would be appreciated... (or a recommendation of a plumber in the M26 postcode.)

Thanks for reading
herbie_c
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Turn off mains cold water - and replace ball valve.

htg
htg engineer

Postby herbie_c » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks! Something had snapped off in the valve... all sorted now (touch wood).
herbie_c
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby TheDoctor4 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:22 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/
TheDoctor4

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!