No Water Apart From Before T Piece

Postby TheCorner » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

Got cold water coming in to house through stop cock, feeds the cold tap in kitchen and dishwasher.......they work fine.......it then "T"s off to rest of house and no water available anywhere, hot water tank drained and not refilled, all three toilet cisterns empty, no water from hot and cold taps anywhere in house.

I've turned off heating and boiler to be on safe side.

Could there be a blockage or am I missing something?
TheCorner
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby lets have a look » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:56 am

you need to check the tank in the attic
lets have a look
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

Postby yartin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Usually mains water from outside the house goes to kitchen and upstairs to loft. The kitchen will have mains water.
In the loft there will be a water tank which feeds the bathroom and other taps including wash basins, bath shower mixer and toilets. It sounds to me that there is not water coming from the tank in the loft to feed these taps. So go to the loft and see if the tank is empty or not.
OR if accidently you have turned off the isolation valve of the cold water which is usually in the airing cupboard where the hot water cylinder is but also sometimes in the loft.
Keep as updated.
yartin
Progress to next rank:
42.1%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!