Noisy Toilet Flush & Fill

Postby Lorrainebd » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi Can anyone advise me why my toilet would make so much noise when flushed and filling? I have a toilet without an overflow. It doesn't take long to fill up again but I hear the noise down in the kitchen an dthroughout the house. I have opened the cistern and it looks fine. I have not yet looked in the loft but do have two different tanks - partly why I haven't gone up there yet. Any guidance would be great.
Lorrainebd

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby rosebery » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Can you describe the noise ib a bit more detail please?

Cheers
rosebery

Postby Lorrainebd » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:50 am

I would have said it was just rushing water and if the neighbour hadn't complained I would normally just have said 'that's what toilets do'. I can hear the rushing water in the kitchen, where the mains kicks in, then feel the water through the floor of the bathroom as it rushes to refill the cistern, I assume from the tank, and a small roar whilst it is filling the cistern. I don't recognise any fog horn, screeching, whistling or vibrations that people report so am not even sure there is a problem but wanted to get some advise. Thanks for your time
Lorrainebd

Postby rosebery » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Try throttling down the flow rate by closing the service valve halfway. You should find the optimum position where the loo fills reasonably quickly but without the noise.

Cheers
rosebery

Sort by
Order by