Not as hot as it used to be
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mulhaird
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not as hot as it used to be

by mulhaird » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:56 am

Hi,

Having a small issue with my Potterton Performa 28I combi boiler. The problem was when the heating was on and you turned on the hot water the boiler switched over to hot water then when the tap was switched off it did not revert beck to heating.
After 6 visits from the Gas Board they finally found a sticking diaphragm, they managed to soak the main PCB switched the system on and blew it up! The PCB was replaced and finally everything is working as it should.

The problem I now have is, I dont think that the hot water is as hot as it used to be. The temerature leds on the panel light up as the water heats but the water does not feel as hot as the leds say. Is there any adjustments that need to be carried out on the PCB relating to adjustable resistance pots that aligns the temp leds to the actual temp of the hot water as the Gas board engineer just fitted the board without any adjustments.

Thanks,

Dennis

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:01 pm

It could just be the temperature of the mains cold water coming into the house, quite common in the winter months for people to think their water isn't as hot as it used to be.

If you think about the temperature difference of your cold water tap in winter months compared to summer months - the boiler is still heating the water the same (people don't turn theire thermostats up) and the water flow rate is still the same (the water is still going through the boiler at the same rate)

Try turning boiler thermostat up, or try rducing the flow rate. This can be done by closing the hot tap by a turn or so, to slow the water coming through the boiler and the water will be hot.

The engineer should have checked the DHW potentiometer

mulhaird
Apprentice
Apprentice

by mulhaird » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:52 am

Thanks for the reply. This has only occured since the PCB was changed. I would of thought that there was some element of calibration that has to be done to make sure that the temperature the boiler is saying matches the temp of the water?

Dennis

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1