Off hire agreements
Information, help and advice on hiring tools and plant machinery

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MarkeMark
Labourer
Labourer

Off hire agreements

Post by MarkeMark » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Can somebody advise me as I'm unsure where I legally stand with this issue: I am a builder and recently coming to the end of a project, during this time I hire a 1.5 tonne Excavator, I off hired this some 8weeks ago and nobody from the hire firm came to collect it(I have a email stating I would not incurr additional costs from this date) After calling on numerous occasions I was forced to move it into storage at a local yard at a cost. I now have this Excavator and have not heard anything from the hire company. Do I legally have to give this back? My storage charges in Central London are now in the £1000s

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Post by collectors » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:11 pm

This may sound daft! But if you had to move it from a site to central London, why did you not move it back to the hire company.???

MarkeMark
Labourer
Labourer

Post by MarkeMark » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:26 pm

collectors wrote:This may sound daft! But if you had to move it from a site to central London, why did you not move it back to the hire company.???

Because the yard is only around the corner from the job and the hire company is on the other side of London. Your comment does not answer my question

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:02 pm