oil central heating boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mr.Punch
Apprentice
Apprentice

oil central heating boiler

by Mr.Punch » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:32 pm

i have a Firebird popular 70.
I've run out of oil before - then, with the progam switch on, and having bleed the air from the oil pipe, i've pressed the reset - the boiler has fired and started.
This time (having bleed the oil pipe), when I turn the programmer to 'on' the pump/boiler starts to 'run' and does not fire-up. If i press the reset, it stops the pump etc but when I release it, it continues to run but not fire.

other info - the boiler is 2 years old, when it was first put in it was left idle for weeks and did not work, an engineer found it to be 'filled' with water - after draining he got it working and it hasn't been a problem since.
I have not been using the boiler since August as I was away - could it be the same problem and where is the water coming from??
THANKS for any advice

Mr.Punch
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Mr.Punch » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:36 pm

hi guys/gals - anyone like to take a stab at giving me some advice? :D

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 am

I think that may be the oil nozzle could be blocked, have you checked the filter to see if any debris came down the line when you ran out of oil? You also have not said when, if ever you have had the burner serviced. Once a year minimum service intervals with oil burners.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1