Oil Rayburn
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fresh246
Labourer
Labourer

Oil Rayburn

by fresh246 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:54 pm

:( Hi all, new here after spending far to many hours searching the web for answers that i never find.
I have a oil fired Rayburn that supplies (not very well) my hot water and central heating it burns the oil on a 8" circular burner with two rows of wicks, my first problem is recently when i have tried to turn the heating up after about ten minutes of doing so flames start licking out on the under side of the circular burner, Am i getting to much oil through than the burner can cope with or does the wicks need replacing any advice would be great.
my second problem is the pipe thermostats that control the pump for the heating system i had to move them as i was carrying out renovations and i changed the temperatures accidently so if you can tell me what the are supposed to be that would be great
thank you in advance :D [/code]

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:05 am

When was your Rayburn last serviced? It should be done every year with the burner set up you have in the Rayburn you can not afford to skip the service, the burner is very primative with none of the modern safety interlocks built in. Lack of servicing will cause the problems you have described. Call Rayburn Technical help line for the answer to your pipe stat question unless some one here can recall the setting. Rayburn are very approachable and have excelent customer after care no matter how old the appliance.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1