Old Floor Boxes
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Pasky
Labourer
Labourer

Old Floor Boxes

by Pasky » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:32 pm

I have about 50 old floor boxes in the building and have been told to fix them or replace them by a H&S Risk Assessment. They are missing the cable grips or grommets, these are not like the common floor box where you get a flap that stays up or down. These have blocks of white plastic that fit inside the hole and grip the cable in place. It is a bad design and people have pulled these out of the boxes, that is why we have holes in our floors that apparently are good for catching stilettos. Does anybody know where you can get this floor box from, if it still exists on the market or where I can get the plastic grommit from, or any other ideas as £50 each to get floor box lids made to fit the old hole is a bit expensive as we plan to leave this building late next year. Thanks

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Old Floor Boxes

by BLAKEY1963 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:54 pm

[quote="Pasky"]I have about 50 old floor boxes in the building and have been told to fix them or replace them by a H&S Risk Assessment. They are missing the cable grips or grommets, these are not like the common floor box where you get a flap that stays up or down. These have blocks of white plastic that fit inside the hole and grip the cable in place. It is a bad design and people have pulled these out of the boxes, that is why we have holes in our floors that apparently are good for catching stilettos. Does anybody know where you can get this floor box from, if it still exists on the market or where I can get the plastic grommit from, or any other ideas as £50 each to get floor box lids made to fit the old hole is a bit expensive as we plan to leave this building late next year. Thanks[/quote]

Pasky
Go to your local nearest Electrical Wholesaler and start there , then
you can ASK of others who might b able 2 help u

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:41 am