outside toilet light.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
s1bgs
Apprentice
Apprentice

outside toilet light.

by s1bgs » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:45 pm

there is a light in o/s toilet on its own fuse in cu.
Q. can i take supply from switch to supply a new light in adjacent shed.
Also can i fit a socket in shed by taking spur from kitchen socket using an FCU. Do i need to tell building control. thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:09 pm

s1bgs,
Yes you can but you will need RCD protection and the shed is a notifiable location so comes under Part P. You should get BC incolved or use a certified and registered installer.
end

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:07 pm

If your wiring it yourself you will need to notify building controls, as this comes under part p of building regulations the installation will need to comply to BS7671 and as you are adding on to exsisting circuits a minor works certificate will be needed too.
KB

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:13 pm

hi, it depends on which way the light is wired, if supply goes to sw. then on to light then run from sw. if supply goes to light first then loops to sw. then extend from light.
However to extend ANY wiring out side main house is covered by building regs 'Part-p' & is a 'controlled service' see 'projects section'
regards SPARX

dunabit
Labourer
Labourer

Re: outside toilet light.

by dunabit » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:43 pm

[quote="s1bgs"]there is a light in o/s toilet on its own fuse in cu.
Q. can i take supply from switch to supply a new light in adjacent shed.
Also can i fit a socket in shed by taking spur from kitchen socket using an FCU. Do i need to tell building control. thanks[/quote]

any work involving a kitchen must be notified as its a special location

s1bgs
Apprentice
Apprentice

hi sparx

by s1bgs » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:22 am

[quote="sparx"]hi, it depends on which way the light is wired, if supply goes to sw. then on to light then run from sw. if supply goes to light first then loops to sw. then extend from light.
However to extend ANY wiring out side main house is covered by building regs 'Part-p' & is a 'controlled service' see 'projects section'
regards SPARX[/quote]

thanx for ur reply. the shed is more an out-building attached to the end of kitchen in old victorian hse and not seperate as in wooden shed in gdn (still need to go outside to get to it). socket would be on RCD as kitchen ring seperate and RCD`d. just need to drill through 9 ` wall for cable.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:16 pm