Oven Tripping Rcd
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stubear
Labourer
Labourer

Oven Tripping Rcd

by stubear » Tue May 29, 2007 2:05 pm

We have just had a new rcd unit put in when we got a new kichen put it.
When we have the oven on the rcd will keep tripping...its not a constant thing, but it will go off 2-3 times sometimes during a day.

Im just assuming its the cooker because thats the only thing thats on when it goes off (apart from the central heating) and also when the cooker was on last time, i couldnt reset the rcd until i unplugged the cooker.

Is there anyway to test the cooker to find out that it is definatly that before i start trying to get an technician out to have a look at it.

The one other thing is that ive been reading on a few sites and they said that the cooker shouldn't be on the circuit with the rcd because it had earth leekage just like immersion heater's.

In all honestly im not really sure if im on the right lines or im just barking up the wrong tree.
Any help would be great.

stuart

pdenni
Apprentice
Apprentice

by pdenni » Tue May 29, 2007 6:09 pm

hi stubear

ok just to clarify, did you say it was a new kitchen install if so what cable has been installed and what is the kw rating of the cooker, yes you are correct about the earth leakage but i would be interested to see if the cooker has the right cable installed

Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

by Jeffmo » Tue May 29, 2007 10:45 pm

just to mention that you do not necessarilly need rcd protection for the cooker circuit , however if the cooker switch incorporates a 13 amp socket ,then it would be wise to put on rcd side .

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:18 pm