Oven Wiring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pg29
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oven Wiring

by pg29 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Can anyone advise, I recently submitted a post about a similer problem. I have a 4mm twin+earth feed from a 32A Breaker to the kitchen Oven. I am getting a new kitchen designed with 2 ovens and would like to use this supply to feed my 2 Ovens 1 oven @2.8Kw and the other @ 7.2Kw Can i use the 4mm feed to a consumer panel then fuse them independently or does each oven in a new installation need to be wired dirctly from the main fuse board. Is the wiring rated sufficient, Also does any one know if i have to install a new 10mm earth cable to a new stainless steel sink or can i connect it using the current earth cable in the kitchen (2.5 or 4mm )

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Oven Wiring

by BLAKEY1963 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:37 am

[quote="pg29"]Can anyone advise, I recently submitted a post about a similer problem. I have a 4mm twin+earth feed from a 32A Breaker to the kitchen Oven. I am getting a new kitchen designed with 2 ovens and would like to use this supply to feed my 2 Ovens 1 oven @2.8Kw and the other @ 7.2Kw Can i use the 4mm feed to a consumer panel then fuse them independently or does each oven in a new installation need to be wired dirctly from the main fuse board. Is the wiring rated sufficient, Also does any one know if i have to install a new 10mm earth cable to a new stainless steel sink or can i connect it using the current earth cable in the kitchen (2.5 or 4mm )[/quote]
PG29
THIS WORK IS NOTIFIABLE AND NEEDS TO BE CARRIED OUT BY A REGISTERED CONTRACTER.
THE 4 MM2 IF INSPECTED AND TESTED AND SAFE TO REMAIN IN SERVICE COULD BE UTILISED TO FEED THE 2.8 KW OVEN AND THE 32 AMP PROTECTIVE DEVICE CHANGED TO A 16 AMP MCB.
PERSONALLY I WOULD WIRE A 6MM2 CABLE FOR THE 7.2 KW OVEN , AND UTILISE THE 32 AMP MCB , FOR THE NEW CIRCUIT .
YOU WOULD RUN A 10 MM2 EARTH TO THE SINK UNIT AS A SUPPLEMENTARY BONDING CONDUCTOR IF EARTH LOOP IMPEADANCES
IN CIRCUITS FEEDING APPLIANCES IN THE KITCHEN COULD NOT BE MET. THIS WOULD BE EVALUATED BY YOUR REGISTERED ELECTRCIAN.
4 MM2 CAN BE USED FOR SUPPLEMENTARY BONDING BUT AGAIN YOUR ELECTRICIAN WOULD DECIDE ON THE BONDING REQUIREMENTS AFTER
LOOKING AT YOUR PLUMBING AND PIPE WORK.

BLAKEY1963

BLAKEY1963

pg29
Apprentice
Apprentice

by pg29 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:58 pm

thanx very much,

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:32 pm