paint on skimmed walls 2 years old
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scoleby
Labourer
Labourer

paint on skimmed walls 2 years old

by scoleby » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:14 am

I had the walls skimmed in a room and have not touched the walls for 2 full years.

Is it necessary to still put on a "mist" coat or seal with a plaster sealer or can I now just put emulsion straight on without worrying about the plaster sucking all the water out of the paint.

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:46 am

Hi, you will still need to put on a mist coat or maybe 2 to seal the plaster.

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:49 pm

As above if you had a sponge for 2 year and never used it it would still draw in water. As an example.

gordonn
Labourer
Labourer

Re: paint on skimmed walls 2 years old

by gordonn » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:56 am

scoleby wrote:I had the walls skimmed in a room and have not touched the walls for 2 full years.

Is it necessary to still put on a "mist" coat or seal with a plaster sealer or can I now just put emulsion straight on without worrying about the plaster sucking all the water out of the paint.

Hi, I hope im not too late to help you. If you are having a painted finish you should use an Obliterating Emulsion such as Crown Obliterating Emulsion or Macpherson Eclipse which just requires the one coat of said emulsion and no other coating is required when using this emulsion paint and then your two coats of whatever finish emulsion you are using

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

Re: paint on skimmed walls 2 years old

by JRS » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:59 pm

gordonn wrote:
scoleby wrote:I had the walls skimmed in a room and have not touched the walls for 2 full years.

Hi, I hope im not too late to help you. If you are having a painted finish you should use an Obliterating Emulsion such as Crown Obliterating Emulsion or Macpherson Eclipse which just requires the one coat of said emulsion and no other coating is required when using this emulsion paint and then your two coats of whatever finish emulsion you are using

Dont get what you mean here, You still need to top coat the walls 1st before applying the eclipse which is not very good by the way the obliterating is better but still needs a top coat.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:39 am