painted over wallpaper with air bubbles...
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
debbier
Labourer
Labourer

painted over wallpaper with air bubbles...

Post by debbier » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Hello

I am wanting to decorate my daughters bedroom, which has wallpapered walls which have previously been painted over, problem is - there are lots of long vertical air bubbles under the paper which look awful; AND it is a certainty that if we try to strip the wallpaper the plaster will come away with it, as this has already happened in another bedroom and we discovered that every house in our road has the same problem (bad plastering when built). As we really do not want a replastering job, and I dont think the existing paper is the sort where you can strip off the top layer only, does anyone have any ideas as to what to try??? (Daughter wants plain cream walls...) Any help would be gratefully received.

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

Re: painted over wallpaper with air bubbles...

Post by JRS » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Honestly, there is no cure without stripping the paper. All i can think of for a cheap fix is cut out all the air bubbles/ blisters creases and what not and fill them flat, sand and paint or cut out fill and paper over with a tree bark effect paper and paint.

debbier
Labourer
Labourer

Re: painted over wallpaper with air bubbles...

Post by debbier » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Oh well, Daughter might have to make do with that, thanks very much for replying.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:39 am