Painting floorboard
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
diyemma
Labourer
Labourer

Painting floorboard

by diyemma » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm

I am planning on painting my wooden floor and was advised by a tradesman that the floorboard should be sanded before applying the primer and floor paint. I was under the impression after reading numerous article on painting floorboards, that as long as the floorboards were not varnished, sanding was not essential. I am wondering whether the person I got advice from was trying to inflate the bill or making a sensible recommendation. will sanding really make a difference in the quality and look of the painted floor? I would be grateful to anyone who can help me decide on the right course to take here! Many thanks!

ZippyDoor
Labourer
Labourer

by ZippyDoor » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:33 am

Not much help really but If you are going to sanding, there is going to be a mess so there is a product that saves time and mess called zippyDoor its on ebay and its cheap, but really works lets just hope you dont have to do the sanding good luck

Chrisbond
Labourer
Labourer

by Chrisbond » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 am

Hi,
You should really sand a floor before painting it as it helps the paint to key into the surface of the wood plus you get a nice smooth finish.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 am