Painting woodwork - how to avoid having dust particles in the surface
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
docgwilliams
Labourer
Labourer

Painting woodwork - how to avoid having dust particles in the surface

by docgwilliams » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:11 am

I am painting some woodwork with good quality gloss paint.
The finished job is good but could be better. There are little dust particles and tiny pieces of paint brush in the surface. I have prepared the wood, undercoated, sanded and glossed. I clean the brushes well, I think. What am I not doing properly? :?:

polarbear
Apprentice
Apprentice

by polarbear » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi,
The dust particles in the finish can usually be due to not enough dusting down before painting,i always use a lint free cloth with white spirits just before painting to ensure very low dust,the bristles in the finish can be a couple of things usually a very new brush will shed its bristles most brushes i use especially for glossing have been used for a long time,also im not saying that your brushes were cheap but cheap brushes always always shed bristles no matter how much you have used them,try using a brush with an epoxy finish,they are more expensive but ideal for someone who is not experienced but needs a good quality finish.
hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm