Patent kitchen wall unit hinges.
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dimmij
Labourer
Labourer

Patent kitchen wall unit hinges.

by dimmij » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:10 pm

This type of cupboard door hinge has pulled free of the carcase, stripping the holes so that it is not possible to retighten them.The relevant screws are short and thick with a blunt end. Is there any way at all of remedying this?

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:09 pm

See our project on adjusting cupboard doors and in the tools section you will see proprietary hinge cutters for cutting new rebates to move your hinges. The only other alternative is to fill the holes for the screws abd re drill them but this rarely works unless you drill out a hole which is 3 times the diameter of the existing and insert (glue) a timber plug into the hole. Then drill new hinge screw holes through the plug. This is more difficult by far than drilling out to move the hinges.

tav
Apprentice
Apprentice

by tav » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:24 pm

agree with Doctor but one other solution may be possible .if the cabinet is joined on to an other cabinet on the hinge side you could use a longer wood screw which would go through the two cabinets but make sure its not to long by holding the screw against the two gables so you know it will not burst out the other side i would say you would need a 25mm to a 30mm screw but check it first . you can only do this if it is joined to an other cabinet

dimmij
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen hinges

by dimmij » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:40 am

How do I access the project on cupboard doors and is there a different type of hinge I could use which doesn't entail so much precise drillingof large holes?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:09 pm