Patio path
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steq184
Apprentice
Apprentice

Patio path

by steq184 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi
Just moved in to our new house and have inherited a pretty old looking patip path etc.
I have jet washed it, the results are a very dull path, pointing missing in many places and a lot of very badly cement stained slabs from the previous pointing.
What I need to know is:
Is there a product to clean up the cement stains?
Is there a product that would make the slabs look better, i.e. a little newer, i.e acid or something I paint on whether it paint or a sealer that leaves the slabs wet.
Have got to sort this out as the slabs look terrible and as there over 300 of them so don't want to get new.
Thanking you in advance for any help.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:48 am

Hi Steq,
I guess brick acid is about all you can try or re-point and paint them!?
I don't know how sucessful this would be depending on amount of foot traffic??

Hth

wabbitpoo
Apprentice
Apprentice

by wabbitpoo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:41 pm

If the slabs are concrete then you can use brick acid (diluted - its powerful stuff) and a lot of elbow grease with a stiff brush.

If its natural stone, dont use the acid as it will colour them further. Use an old bit of the same stone toe rub the rubbish off.

If the pointing has failed you have no choice but to remove it and replace. Let me know if you need to know how to do that.

You can get a "wet look" finish - B&Q sell Thomspon sealer. Make sure the slabs are really clean (and I mean really) cos once you have coated them the stains are there to stay.

misery
Tradesman
Tradesman

by misery » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:21 am

Hi,
Was in my local Travis Perkins hire yard the other day and a guy was cleaning of hard concrete from a cement mixer with a solution a lot sronger than brick acid ,it really did soften up the concrete on the outer and inner drum of the mixer and anyone in the trade will know that is no mean feat. I dont remember the name but I know Belle make it ,the same people who make the mixers.It was in a 500ml spray bottle and I believe cost about a tenner,could try that on your stained slabs.
Hope this helps
Misery.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:03 am