Pilot
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mustard
Labourer
Labourer

Pilot

Post by mustard » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:48 pm

I have a Myson Apollo 30B boiler. I live in an appartment block and I am told am using a communal flue...
When I moved in it had a few problems so got someone in to first change the water pump, then the thermocouple.
Since then (the new pump is on the way of the bottom of the boiler cover so cannot put it back) the pilot light will stay on for sometime then now and again and I don't know if this is my imagination but mainly when outside is windy, the light goes off.
When I relight it up it is sometimes difficult as there is a lot of draft so light doesn't stay, so I take off cover and light it with more ease.
When I put the cover back on, I can see the flame is trembling and noisy from the draft...
What can I do?

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:42 am

Hi Mustard,

Yes call in a good RGI

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:53 pm

As StG said - you need a RGI.

Especially as you think it is a communal flue ?? as it's not just your life you could be putting at risk.

If I was you i'd be looking to see if/how you can install a combi boiler with your own flue.

htg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1