PIR sensor with led lights on transformer?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pjkram
Labourer
Labourer

PIR sensor with led lights on transformer?

by pjkram » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi I want to fit some led lights in the bathroom which will turn on automatically by the use of a PIR sensor. The problem i'm guessing is the lights work off a transformer via a socket. I can conceal a socket in some boxed section of the bathroom with a feed off the hall socket, but am I right in thinking PIR sensors are mains only? If so could I connect a PIR sensor to the mains i.e from my feed in the hall and then wire a socket to the sensor for the transformer to plug-in with the on switch positioned on?

Regards

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:13 pm

there are ways.......change bathroom pull switch for 'occupancy-switch' made by for instance Danlers-(usual disclaimers) available at good electrical wholesalers then remove old centre light and connect cable from light to boxed in area, connect to transformer, bingo except it is illegal to carry out leckie work yourself in bathroom.......
need part p registered electrician, Napit, ECA, niceic Domestic in staller regd. sorry Sparx

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:17 am