planning permission for a garage
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
johnboy
Labourer
Labourer

planning permission for a garage

by johnboy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:03 pm

:? hi i want to take down my old garage and build a brick one can you tell me please if i need planning permission the one i want to build is exactly the same size. thanks
johnboy.

blackcat
Tradesman
Tradesman

by blackcat » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:47 pm

as long as its the same size no prob and in the same posision
________
easy vape vaporizer
Last edited by blackcat on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

dents
Apprentice
Apprentice

by dents » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:13 am

excuse me but there could be if your existing one is a concrete sectional one as it classed as portable .

as your building a permanent structure out of brick i would think you do need it personally .

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:33 am

Please contact the planning section of your local council. Whether the existing garage is portable or not, or if the garage is brick or concrete, the same size or not may all be totally irrellevent if your property and land are covered by any form of permitted development ruling. The only people who can answer this for you properly are the planning dept and everyone else is just guessing which is not what this forum is for. Please see our project on planning permission which is sponsored by the Official Planning Portal.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1