All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Happy Camper
Labourer
Labourer

Plumbing a Static Caravan Waste from Scratch

by Happy Camper » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi,
I have read the other posts but nothing really covers this.

I am buying a static (or three (may put in one or two more for helpers/workers)) - from ebay probably - and need to know how to plumb the waste. I assume the electric and water feed in will just be a matter of running a suitable feed along from the nearest point available and Ting off.

I have a very large garden to the side of the house and that is where they will go. I am going to demolish the house and do a self build (that's the plan so far!)

Do I need to try to locate the mains for waste and tee off it to each caravan? Or do people use septic tanks etc? They will be quite a way from the house. I also thought about running a waste pipe for both caravans (or all three if I use three) in a straight line and either into a septic tank or into the main waste. If I do this, what angle does it have to be at to slope to the main pipe?

Also how do I locate the main pipe underground and tee into it etc? Does anyone know what is the best approach for this sort of mini caravan site?

Any help appreciated.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:05 am

Your confusing the issue with taking the waste going into the main drains or into a septic tank. You would normally have one or the other???
But either way, you could take each caravan into a 110mm inspection chamber & then one pipe to where ever your waste is going to.

Google "plasticdrainage.co.uk/underground_drainage/inspection_chambers/460mm_inspection_chambers"

Happy Camper
Labourer
Labourer

Clarification Mains or Ceptic Tank

by Happy Camper » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi
Thanks for the reply. Sorry if my question was not clear. Let me simplify it:

1) Should I use mains or ceptic tank? I mean how difficult is it to locate the mains for soil pipe and waste water? And then to 'T into it'. Is that a massive job? I don't have a clue where the pipe is in relation to the land. The house is about 200 m away. should I try to obtain a 'map' of the pipes under my land?

2) Perhaps it is a much simpler solution to use ceptic tanks/sewage processing units. Again, is this a massive job? And should I just use one and run all three into it or should I use a small one for each caravan?

Again, thanks for the response

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:02 am

If you already have existing drains it would be far better to use these. If you are pulling the original house down, you will have to move the gas water & electric out the way wile the new build is going on, so you might be better off finding the route of the soil pipe that connect to the main drains whilst doing this part of the works. At least you will have a digger around at this point.

Happy Camper
Labourer
Labourer

Finding the Services

by Happy Camper » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:48 am

Thanks again for the comments.

I will be setting up the caravans long before demolishing the house which is now rented out so I am still in the same boat.

How easy is it to get an accurate map of the pipes and services etc? And how accurate are they?

Thanks again

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:19 am