Plumbing in an American Fridge Freezer

Postby YvonneC » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:31 am

I have had an American Fridge Freezer delivered today with water and ice machine integrated. I do not have enough of the flexible hose supplied to reach a tap as i need to go around a doorway because of a solid tiled floor. I do not seem to be able to get any of this hose from plumbers merchants as they say it is 6mm hose on these fridges and is not stocked in UK plumbing merchants. Is this true?

Can someone let me know how i can source this hose or what else i could use and what fittings i would need.

Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:26 am


Simply Build It

Postby Ken Woodchef » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:58 pm

Hi, not sure if this helps, but you may be able to use this from ebay. I'm not selling it or have any association with it, but it may solve your problem. The item number is 200162384176.

What is the model of your Fridge and I'll do some research for you.

Ken Woodchef
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:30 pm

Postby YvonneC » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:16 am

Thanks Ken

I have a plumber coming on Friday who has plumbed these in before. So fingers crossed everything will go smoothly.
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:26 am

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:11 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Site Admin
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics