Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
barry65
Labourer
Labourer

Plumbing system

by barry65 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Hello,
I am about to embark on a house renovation. i will be replumbing and there will be about 7 hotwater outlets , bthrooms , ensuites , downstair toilets ect...
I have some experience but need a bit of advice to get me started, The property is quite large with relatively long pipe runs.
Hot water will supplied buy an imersion tank .
The house is in France , here the water pressure is much higher than in the Uk. i think about 6 to 7 bar.
Can i use the same diameter pipe throughout or will i need larger bore pipe and reduce near to the outlet?.
Also how do i ensure steady hot water supply ie. one hot water outlet becomes very hot , the other cooler, if say 2 bath rooms are used at the same time.
i would really appreciate some advice , thanks in advance.

steve the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Plumbing system

by steve the plumber » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:14 pm

It will be the same as a standard UK installation.

You may need some pumps depending on how far the outlets are from the tank, I'd probably recommend that anyway. You should use 22mm copper pipe throughout the hot water system anyway.

barry65
Labourer
Labourer

by barry65 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Hello Steve,

Many thanks for your reply. The Furthest hot tap from the tank will be about 10 metres , i guess about 7m up and 3 m horizontal, do you think i will need to pump water in your opinion. Also should i reduce when close to each outlet?.
Cheers
Barry

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 pm