Polycarbonate to Wooden Roof
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
StuartD
Labourer
Labourer

Polycarbonate to Wooden Roof

by StuartD » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi Folks
I have wooden conservatory with a polycarbonate roof.
Now because i live in west coast of scotland we tend to get lots of high
winds up here,and the polycarbonate roof really flaps up and down in high winds,infact on a few occasions i thought some of the sheets were going to pop out and blow away.
As the conservatory is situated just off our living room when its very windy my wife will not even sit in the living room as she is worried about the conservatory roof(seems to spook here).
Anyway,i have been thinking about putting a wooden roof on the conservatory as im led to beleive that it would be not all the exspensive.
Any thoughts on this would really help.
Cheers
Stu

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:15 pm

StuartD,
The advantage of polyC sheets is that they are very light. Replace these with timber and the roof timbers will need strengthening.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:22 pm