Pop plug has come unscrewed
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dangerous Dan
Labourer
Labourer

Pop plug has come unscrewed

by Dangerous Dan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:58 pm

I was trying to adjust my flippy floppy bath plug the other week (I don't know why it wasn't that bad) and i managed to make it come free of the bolt, now the bolt isn't in line and i can't reconnect it. If i unscrew the waste outlet from the inside of the bath to get access to the bolt will the waste outlet line back up and go straight back in ? Or do i need to get to the underside of the bath (please no, boxed out and tiled) ???

Answers on a postcard.......................

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:54 am

Postcard sent.

If you undo the waste outlet from inside the bath theres a very good chance that the bit outside the bath will drop down then you won't be able to reconnect it.

If however, your trap is sitting on the fllor and the waste pipe is fairly rigid you might be lucky.

However, you really do need access to both parts of the waste to ensure that they are mated up and tightened up enough. So you could well be looking at needing access underneath - Sorry.

You probably won't need to remove the whole side of the bath. Probably a max of 4 tiles but then you'll have to get through the substrate.

So when you've done all that make sure that when you button it up again that you have allowed a small access panel in the side of the bath. This panel can be tiled and secured either by use of silicone around the edge or by use of mirror screws. You have got some spare tiles?

You really should have had that access in the first place otherwise how do you unblock the trap when it gets clogged up in time with hair, soap scum and whatever else?

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:13 pm