porch roof
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

porch roof

by greengrass » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:46 am

How does one construct a sloping roof with hip ridges either side and an 18inch flat portion on top. The purpose of the flat portion is to keep the top of the roof below the landing window together with not too shallow angle for the double roll interlocking tiles and also to match the existing front extension roof. Looking at one up the road my daughter likes how they've done the same. [no they haven't any drawings I've sked.]. I hope I've explained this clearly. I would post a drawing if its possible but don't know how. The one thought on the hip ridge rafter is to form one like a truss rafter by fixing two 4 x 1 together with the usuall blocks between that way they can drop onto the corners of the flat top frame. Just a thought not teaching one how to suck eggs!.
Have looked at many on websites but none give how the rooves are constructed only seem to show shapes leaving you to guess how it is put together.

Thanks in antisipation Greengrass.

It is currently Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:50 pm