Badvertising
Tips, tricks and information on how to spot rogue and cowboy builders and also a platform for you to post and warn others of cowboy builders you may have encountered and help to spread the word of their dodgy dealings

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thedoctor

Badvertising

by thedoctor » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi all.....

DIY Doctor has invented a word we are trying hard to get in the dictionary. The word is BADVERTISING

Badvertising, badvertisers, badverts, all define the billions of pounds wasted in advertising in the UK. Advertisers who claim miracles and deliver zero = Badvertisers !
Advertising which yeilds less than it costs = Badvertising.
Adverts which are placed but never seen = Badverts

Help DIY Doctor stamp out the "Badvertising" agencies and tell us about what you expect from an advertiser.

At DIY Doctor we ask our advertisers to keep in touch regularly to report how well we are performing. We are not frightened of the answer. If advertising on the web is not working there are hundreds of things that can be done about it. Take a look at our Badvertising project, In the DIY projects section and send us your thoughts and ideas.

Over the next few weeks we will be publishing pages of information on how you can get your company noticed using resources you already have. We will show you how to monitor your advertising and, most of all, how to avoid Badvertising.

DIY Doctor.

LeonardoWood
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Badvertising

by LeonardoWood » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Great New Word

Badvertising should definately be in the dictionary
along with all the companies that take your money
and don't do anything to help you get the most
from your advertising.

People usually advertise for all the wrong reasons,
their competitors are doing it, the sales person is
highly trained at their job etc.

Small business owners need to know how to test and
measure their advertising so they don'e keep wasting
their money.

Badvertising 'the word' gets my vote.

Leonardo

Their

[quote="thedoctor"]Hi all.....

DIY Doctor has invented a word we are trying hard to get in the dictionary. The word is BADVERTISING

Badvertising, badvertisers, badverts, all define the billions of pounds wasted in advertising in the UK. Advertisers who claim miracles and deliver zero = Badvertisers !
Advertising which yeilds less than it costs = Badvertising.
Adverts which are placed but never seen = Badverts

Help DIY Doctor stamp out the "Badvertising" agencies and tell us about what you expect from an advertiser.

At DIY Doctor we ask our advertisers to keep in touch regularly to report how well we are performing. We are not frightened of the answer. If advertising on the web is not working there are hundreds of things that can be done about it. Take a look at our Badvertising project, In the DIY projects section and send us your thoughts and ideas.

Over the next few weeks we will be publishing pages of information on how you can get your company noticed using resources you already have. We will show you how to monitor your advertising and, most of all, how to avoid Badvertising.

DIY Doctor.[/quote]

HomeRenovations
Labourer
Labourer

by HomeRenovations » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Great words! I've been in marketing and advertising for 15 years and have seen so many BADVERTISERS!

TimbertechUK
Labourer
Labourer

by TimbertechUK » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 am

Haha! Great word! Im 100% behind it :P

Matthewop
Labourer
Labourer

by Matthewop » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:16 am

why it didn't appear. it is unfare!!

Juls
Labourer
Labourer

by Juls » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:08 am

Cool word, I support it! Advertisers should deliver profit and awareness, not just eat your money and disappear.

sam001
Labourer
Labourer

by sam001 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Badvertising! Love it!
Always approach adversiting with the 'Return on Investment' mindset. Advestising shouldn't JUST pay for itself - raise your expectations!

Robert-SV
Labourer
Labourer

by Robert-SV » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Love the term, perhaps an advertising advice and help topic should go along with it. It would be a good idea for everyone to share methods of advertising they found both useful and useless.

BarryWillson
Labourer
Labourer

by BarryWillson » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:33 am

Amazing words. nice to find ...

BarryWillson
Labourer
Labourer

by BarryWillson » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 am

love it..

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 pm

Taken from government energy performance certificate.

Top actions you can take to save money and make your home more efficient.

1 Floor insulation (solid floor) indicative cost £4,000 - £6,000 typical saving over 3 years £150.

Now my simple maths tells me 80 to 120 years to pay for the work if there is no interest charged on the money, so in real terms it will never pay for its self.

Solar water heating was same cost and saves £87 over three years, so 138 years to 207 years is anyone so daft they can't see it will never save them money?

I think if that is how HM Government thinks we can save energy, I would not believe anything they say about globule warming.

So would that be antiadvertising ?

doricdragons
Labourer
Labourer

by doricdragons » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:03 am

I have been working as an artist for many years, usually selling in galleries or as commissions. I have recently started a website to sell my stuff and am branching out to create more home decor stuff. I am hoping to do some mosaics too.

My main problem is lack of funding for advertising the site and so this topic might at least help me avoid losing money by advertising in the wrong places.

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:13 am