Potterton HE Plus Combi Leaking and Pressure Issues - Any Ideas?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
voyager59
Labourer
Labourer

Potterton HE Plus Combi Leaking and Pressure Issues - Any Ideas?

by voyager59 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:12 am

My boiler as above is leaking water from a small copper pipe located through the wall, If I refill to about 1.5 bar the pressure goes right round the dial when heating on,I turn the heating off and the pressure drops to 0 over a couple of hours, and I have to refill again, I can drain off some water and get the pressure right and the heating will work but the pressure slowly drops till the pressure is to low and boiler switches off, I then start the cycle again.
Can anyone give me an idea whats wrong.

Many Thanks

thedoctor

Re: Potterton HE Plus Combi Leaking and Pressure Issues - Any Ideas?

by thedoctor » Mon May 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Sounds very much like a tiny leak somewhere which is letting the pressure drop. Then wehen you top up it opens the pressure release valve hence the dripping from the pipe through the wall. Make sure all radiator bleed screws are tight and close both ends of the filling loop. Take loop out for a bit and watch what happens...If it stops losing pressure its a faulty loop valve, if not its either its the expansion vessel or a tiny leak.....Time for an engineer I'm afraid and if you are going to get one, get him/her from our find a tradesman page here... https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find-tradesmen/

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1