potterton profile 60e( lpg)- intermittent ignition problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
redtaxi
Labourer
Labourer

potterton profile 60e( lpg)- intermittent ignition problem

Post by redtaxi » Fri May 08, 2009 8:30 am

Hello,I would welcome any thoughts on the following intermittent problem with the above boiler.The boiler is set for 1 hour in the morning and evening,sometimes it fires up for the hour,30 mins,10 mins and sometimes not at all.It is also intermittent on constant.A heating engineer has attended to it twice(£250 bill) and despite managing to get it to fire up all time he was there,the problem persists.On first call,he changed the thermostat on immersion heater,bled the radiators and checked the system was not running dry.On second call,he checked fan pressure,tubes and board connections.The pilot is always alight and sometimes it fires up after gently tapping the front cover.It appears to me that it's a problem with fuel being called up??????.Any suggestions will be much appreciated

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Fri May 08, 2009 1:30 pm

If tapping the front cover brings the boiler on - then there's a loose electrical connection somewhere.

htg

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Sat May 09, 2009 6:04 am

Yep - could be on PCB too!

redtaxi
Labourer
Labourer

Post by redtaxi » Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am

thankyou heating engineer and steve the gas for your replies.i will investigate further, hopefully resolve problem and post what the problem was,many thanks

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1