potterton puma 80 intermitting problems
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wanger18
Apprentice
Apprentice

potterton puma 80 intermitting problems

by wanger18 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:45 pm

I have a problem with the central heating going off after using the hot water for an long time i.e Filling up a bath!! I then have the hassle of re-igniting the boiler,which is sometimes a trick in itself.
please can anyone give me some sort of insight as to what this problem maybe and how to resolve it.

MANY THANKS

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Going off ?

Lock-out, pilot going off - or just not working ???

Lock-out or pilot going off - probably overheating, check the DHW flow switch, the flame should go out as soon as the tap is closed, if the flow switch or microswitch is sticking the boiler will stay on and overheat.

If it takes ages for the CH to start again after the tap has been running for a while - it may be that the wax capsule needs replacing. Or if you use a mixer tap, there's too much heat left in the boiler and pipework that the heating wont come back on until it has cooled.

Also with the Puma's a dripping hot water tap will stop the CH from working.

htg

wanger18
Apprentice
Apprentice

by wanger18 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:33 am

Hi HTG, the pilot goes out and i have to re-ignite after using hot water for any lenghty time!

Would any of these jobs it may require be easy enough to do?.Or will they be a bit too technical for your average DIYer? i am fairly useful in DIY.Ive recently installed full central heating system in a friends house (apart from actually connecting up the boiler, which obviously has to be done by a corgi regestered person).

Many thanks for your response its much appreciated.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1