power flushing
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
redkev
Tradesman
Tradesman

power flushing

by redkev » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:06 pm

i have or am gettin a shot of my mates power flush to do my house. the water in my heating system is very dirty and when i air the radiators it takes ages to fill so i presume a small blockage is building up. is their anything i can put in before flushing to loosen the blockage if it is
?

question 2. can anyone tell me how to suspend a system so i can change a rad valve without draining the whole system?

cheers

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:29 pm

You have already asked about power flushing in several earlier posts when you said you had bought a Kamco machine

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 pm

What happened to:
"how big a job is changing from electric to gas. i have a friend who is in his last year of apprenteship. he told me he would pipe all radiators and hang boiler. if he was to do this how much work is left to change system to a combi. or would it be better just puttin a heating boiler in and keeping the hot water off the cylinder."

Drain and refill system a few times, sludge present ? powerflush may help.

No sludge ? refill and add inhibitor. As I have said befor if you don't know what you're doing you could end up damaging the pipework, radiators and boiler - especially if old and not already a pressurised system.

Don't just powerflush it - because your mate has a machine.

ALSO - NONE OF YOUR POSTS LINK TOGETHER

i have a combi boiler and want to put a shower pump in as pressure aint too good. can it be done?

i have a water tank in my loft. and a hot water cylinder. my shower is not electric. can a pump be put onto the shower or not?

YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMBI AND A CYLINDER ????

i have just had to replace my time clock for my hot water cylinder.

AGAIN WITH A COMBI ???? I THINK NOT

i have just purchased a kamco machine.
BUT BORROWING ONE OFF A FRIEND ??? A WASTE OF MONEY THEN ?

Digital manometer : does anyone know where u can buy a digital one, the one i am looking for has the digital view with the gas reading and also a stop watch at the bottom of the screen.

WHY ? you can't carry out basic plumbing - keep away from gas.

This is a DIY forum, from the questions you're asking, you either have quite a few different heating systems in your house. You're doing jobs for family.

Or

you're doing jobs (maybe trading as a plumber ?) if you are and you have to come on here for advice - i'd give up now.

Htg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 am