power shower
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Cu
Labourer
Labourer

power shower

by Cu » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:25 pm

I'm installing a power shower to replace an existing mixer type. The plumbing should be ok, but the electrics are a concern. I will be getting an electrician in to do the work, but i want to understand what is involved.
It's a thermostatic power shower and as far as i'm aware the electrical connection is only to run the pump (not to heat).
All the web sites give guides for installing electric (heating) showers. Are the requirements for my shower as stringent? Do i need to connect direct from the fuse box (modern house type). Or can i spur off from an existing ring (in the loft) add a pull cord (3A double pole?) switch an lead the cable down the wall alongside the cold water pipe?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi CU,
sorry can't be too helpfull, but you need Part P qualified sparky in.
Bathrooms now covered by Part P of building regs and all new circiuts and installations most be complient of them. Your Part P sparky will inform you if you ask of how the ciciut should be installed?
Kind Regards
KB

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Hi, basically yes except there should be a seperate chase for the cable not to touch the pipe,
regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:01 am