Prices and guarantee
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vee
Labourer
Labourer

Prices and guarantee

by vee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:55 am

I am having four double glazed windows completely replaced. Two are bay windows which are 1900mm length by 600mm by 1200 by 600. The third window is 1700mm by 1200mm. The fourth window is similar to the third. The glass is clear and extras include leaded light. The quote was just under £7000, the company said I qualify for a grant so knocked a third off total. New price £5000 and a new door thrown in.
Is this a reasonable price? I was told I couldn't think about it over night!!

If I just Have the windows (glass) replaced should I expect a 10 year guarantee.

Thanks

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:14 am

Hi Vee,
How much?!!!! I got my WHOLE house d glazed for less than that. Also don't submit to pressure from them - get other quotes + quotes for glazing only!

Regards

Steve

allan the locksmith
Tradesman
Tradesman

by allan the locksmith » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:03 am

The law allows you to cancel these types of contracts within a certain cooling period so any company behaving in this way needs thinkning about.From my exprience many firms offer 10 years warrenty but most go out of business long before or set up under a new name making it hard to claim.
Ive been to stcks of jobs where the customer has found the company has disappeared making the guarantee worthless.I would say it is worth checking when the company was founded online if possible to check their credentials.

Prices vary and its all about what your prepared to pay really.

Everest seem to be dear but i rarely get called to their windows or doors unless its their old stuff from the eighties.That isnt a plug for them but they do seem to use good quality locks and fittings.There are other good comparable firms out there but finding them locally is a challenge.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:33 am