problem sorted
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

problem sorted

by bazza » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:40 pm

hi guys just thought id let you kno my freinds boiler from previous posts has been sorted they came bk 2day it turns out because of problems with connecting the circuit back up they teed the f&r from the boiler into 10mm microbore pipes which needed alot of balancing to get all the rads hot trouble is he still wants new valves fitted so will soon be back 2 square 1 lol

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:15 pm

"they teed the f&r from the boiler into 10mm microbore pipes"

Are you saying that the flow and return goes directly into microbore at the boiler? Presumably the boiler flow and return goes to manifolds so that the max run of microbore for each rad is 5m. If not I'm really surprised they actually got it balanced at all!!

Also was the system fully flushed out before before fitting and also flushed again afterwards? Microbore is notorious for clogging up and reducing flowthus reducing heat transfer.

Anyway this doesn't get away, unfortunately, from the fact that they SHOULD have installed TRVs on all rads with the exception of the one closest to the roomstat.

I still say they haven't done the job properly.

Cheers

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:24 pm

Brain fade!! Forgot to add that if the system is microbore then there should already have been (or one should have been fitted if not) a pressure release valve to protect the boiler if the rads are turned off!

Cheers

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:06 pm

hi rosebery wat i meen is from the boiler the f&r are in 22mm for about 1.5mtr vertical then into 15mm for another 2mtrs horizontaly then reduces into 10mm microbore at first rad then the run contiues in 10mm i thought it strange teein into 10mm but eh they the experts and altho the system is now getting hot apart from the front room one which the flow pipe gets hot but the return stays cold (maybe just needs abit more balancing) but ithink if he gets them bk n tells them he wants it connecting to the 15mm f&r thats right above the room the boiler is in surely it will improve the heat distribution ? wat do you think mate

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:30 am

I think he gets them back and tells them what the problems are.

He doesn't tell them what he thinks the solution is. He tells them that he has paid them to do a job, its not right and its their job to sort it.

Cheers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1