push button toilet
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
clueless
Labourer
Labourer

push button toilet

Post by clueless » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Our toilet as suddenly started re-filling extremely slowly.

I was going to take a look in the cistern to see what's going on, but have failed at even this basic first step.

The toilet has a push button flush mechanism (a single round button split into two halves for full or partial flush). This is located in the centre of the cistern lid and appears to also screw the lid down against the cistern.

Presumably the button unscrews or detaches in some way to release the lid, but it's not obvious how.

Can anyone enlighten me on how you go about taking these things apart?

Thanks

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Go to the DIY Projects page and look at the project on push button or European cisterns.

SweetBriar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: push button toilet

Post by SweetBriar » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:22 pm

[quote="clueless"]Our toilet as suddenly started re-filling extremely slowly.

I was going to take a look in the cistern to see what's going on, but have failed at even this basic first step.

The toilet has a push button flush mechanism (a single round button split into two halves for full or partial flush). This is located in the centre of the cistern lid and appears to also screw the lid down against the cistern.

Presumably the button unscrews or detaches in some way to release the lid, but it's not obvious how.

Can anyone enlighten me on how you go about taking these things apart?

Thanks[/quote]
Depends on the make. You could try and push one half of the button down. Use a flat bladed screwdriver ad gently prise the other button up (it should pop without much force). You should see a large plastic screw under this.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:45 am

Or unscrew the ring around the button and lift cistern lid off.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:43 am