Putting a combi under the stairs
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
swidders
Ganger
Ganger

Putting a combi under the stairs

by swidders » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:36 pm

I want to put my new boiler in my understairs cupboard.

Flue will go through the external wall, well away from boundary with neighbours and any openings to my (or anyone else's) house.

Height will be about 1200 from floor and there is sufficient spacing around it for access and maintenance (as described in manufacturer's installation guide).

The only thing that will be in the cupboard with it will be the washing machine/tumble drier.

Is there any reason (fire regs etc?) why it cannot be put in this enclosed space?

(Needless to say, a gas fitter will install final connections and commission - but I will be doing all the wet work)

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

by AdamsHeating » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi,

Aslong as you adhere to the rule book, i.e, the manufacturers instructions you can't got worng.

Things to check:

space around boiler for access
clearance from combustible material
Ventilation (probably not needed but check anyway)
flue distance form door, windows, other fans etc
discharge point for condensate.

Also, a flue at that height externally will need a terminal guard fitting.

Nice one on finding a guy who will sign off your work!

regards,

AH.

swidders
Ganger
Ganger

by swidders » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:38 am

Thanks AH - terminal guard for flue is for anything below 2m from ground I think?

As for my corgi man - have worked alongside him a couple of times an i will be installing it under his supervision/guidance so can't go wrong since this is standard practice i believe (one ACS with others not)

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:20 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:22 am