quickbase foundation systems
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
burt12345
Tradesman
Tradesman

quickbase foundation systems

Post by burt12345 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi has anyone used a quickbase foundation system? We need to have a piled foundation so are looking at the options.

The quickbase looks as though it would solve all of our problems, but we can't find any reviews or recommendations. Can anybody give any real opinion on it.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post their web address, but I'm sure if know the company you can advise.

thanks

Burty

georgeinwoolwich
Labourer
Labourer

Re: quickbase foundation systems

Post by georgeinwoolwich » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:56 pm

Did you ever find any reviews? I'm in the same position myself!

burt12345
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by burt12345 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi, I can't remember why, but we had to go for piled foundation due to I think clay heave and neighbours property below our ground level.

However when they came to pile we hit bedrock within 1.5 metres and so we had to go for traditional trench but 1.5 - 2m deep - so a LOT of soil came out!

I ended up self building our extension using Beco wallform.

I can put you in touch with a brilliant foundations company - depending on where you are, let me know.

Matt

georgeinwoolwich
Labourer
Labourer

Post by georgeinwoolwich » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:53 pm

What a nightmare! That would be great if you could. We need helical piles I think because we've got no access to the site other than through the house. Going for SIPs as a frame though. Quickbase seems like the ideal foundation, so I'm hoping we don't have bedrock issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:54 am