Radial circuit
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
knouchy
Labourer
Labourer

Radial circuit

by knouchy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Can any one help
All heating in flat by Electricity
My one bedroom flat has a ring main.
However, to the kitchen is a 16a direct line to one wall heater. ( taking it out and putting underfloor heating in) Can I get a electrician to take away the heater, drop the cable down to a double socket, move around the kitchen to another double socket and end up with one more double socket in the lounge.

Next question, as I am having a new kitchen fitted, could the electrician put the cable into the wall behind the skirting board before bring up the cable for the second socket in the kitchen. (the skirting board is likely to be taken away by the Kitchen fitters but the electrician would plaster it into the wall)

This information will help with my design of new kitchen.

Thank you

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 pm

First question as to how many sockets allowed on a radial easy. No limit. As long as the cable complies with the volt drop and impedance limits. This assumes 2.5mm cable and 16A MCB/fuse. A spur from ring main can only have one item directly connected be it socket or fused connection unit. However from a FCU then you can add sockets with no limit again so long as volt drop and impedance limits allow it.

As to second question cables vertical or horizontal from an outlet but not both together so if sockets on skirting then OK. But going down to skirting then along and then up again not permitted if buried.

Your electrician will explain what is allowed. He signs the paper work so he is one to ask.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:11 am