Radiator and TRV advise please.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
simonpieman
Labourer
Labourer

Radiator and TRV advise please.

by simonpieman » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:57 pm

I am wanting to replace the 7 old and leaking rads and TRV's in my house with new more efficient units, I have looked at what is around. Does anyone have any advise or recomendations as to which make of both I should be looking at. I know this is very subjective, but recomendations would be helpful if anyone has experience of a particular brand.

Thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:44 pm

I've always been told that Myson radiators are the best and will last for many years, and not to go near own brand radiators.

But I have done a few jobs over the last 5 - 6 years and the customer has specified using wickes own brand radiators, and I haven't had any problems with rusting, leaks or burst radiators etc. (I have had a weld on a myson rad burst)

I have used Wickes radiators on pressurised systems and still no problems. So it really depends on what you're wanting to spend. Myson are a good make but expensive, Wickes are cheap and problem free (so far).

Pegler radiators valves are good, never had any bother with them.

toneyt
Tradesman
Tradesman

by toneyt » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:31 pm

in my oppinion you cant beat stelrad i will only fit these unless customer specifies differently,best trvs to use draytons!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1