Radiator,furthest from Baxi 105E Combi boiler fails to heat.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
XPC465
Apprentice
Apprentice

Radiator,furthest from Baxi 105E Combi boiler fails to heat.

Post by XPC465 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi there,

About two years ago, I had a new gas boiler fitted to my bungalow. The new gas boiler is a BAXI 105E COMBI boiler. At the time of fitting, the fitters did not clean or flush out the radiator system, which I did earlier this year, with the help of some of you kind folk, who were very helpful.
Prior to my flushing out the system, and still, the conservatory radiator, fails to heat up, unless I turn off most of the other radiators, and turn the heating up full. Today I attempted to bleed this radiator, but although I got NO air out of the bleed, it has not improved matters. The radiators in my bungalow, number EIGHT radiators, and a heated towel rail in the bathroom. As I stated earlier they are heated via a BAXI 105E COMBI boiler.
Can anyone put a reason to me, as to why the conservatory radiator fails to heat, (it is the one furthest from the boiler), and anything I can do to remedy this problem.
Many thanks for any help given in this matter. :cry:

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:52 am

Hi,

Needs balancing properly - starting with the rad that gets hot first, throttle them down a little one by one using the [b]non[/b] TRV valve. Also on your pump in boiler if it has speed switch put it on 3 or III.

Hth

XPC465
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by XPC465 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi there Steve the gas,

I have followed your instructions to the tee, and I can report that my central heating system is working correctly for the first time in ages.
I am delighted with this, and I must thank you very much for your advice, which solved my problem.
Have a Very Happy Christmas and New Year and thanks again.

XPC465

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:02 am

Your Welcome.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1