Radiator Removal
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Brassbander
Labourer
Labourer

Radiator Removal

by Brassbander » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi

I need info please on removing a ground floor radiator, but still keeping the pipes connected in situ. They run to the next rad which is in the kitchen. Do I have to keep them as they are now or does it become very complicated. :?:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:22 pm

Not sure what you mean, is it -

one pipe system ?
two pipe system with kitchen radiator tee'd into the flow and return of the radiator you want to remove ?

There's not many one pipe systems around now, so I'm assuming it's the second one.

You could change the tee's too elbows so that there's no 'dead' pipework or you could strip pipes out and re-pipe the kitchen radiator.

Are you permanently removing the radiator or is it just whilst decorating ?

ABit more info would help - will watch for your next post

Brassbander
Labourer
Labourer

by Brassbander » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi htg engineer
Thanks for responding, I am permanently removing the rad, upon further inspection it was not connected to the kitchen rad but just in a loop from the bedroom. I was doing some work for a customer and he asked me if i could carry out the said removal, I have removed it now by freezing the pipe and blocking the ends with 10mm speedfit stopends, this advise was given to me by a gas board engineer hope it was good info because I have now plasterboarded it in.!!
What do you think?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1