radiator
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ldowney
Labourer
Labourer

radiator

by ldowney » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:56 pm

hi i have just fitted a extra rad to my heating system in another room and took the feeds from the room next door ,problem is only the flow is getting hot and the return is staying cold ,now i know that ive piped it the wrong way round with the flow through the valve and not the thermostat but i didnt think this matters as its a bi direction one , ive try shutting all the rads down and this doesnt make any difference ,the rad i took it from works fine and its only 3m from it .can anyone help ????????????

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 pm

What type of system ? it's probably just air locked, as long as you tee'd into flow and return and haven't tee'd into the same pipe twice it should work.

If it's 15mm then what you've done should be fine, if it's 8mm or 10mm you'll not get both rads to work at the same time - not properly anyway.

You're right what you say, the TRV should be fine the way it is, just make sure the pin isn't stuck.

Try removing the radiator, then open the valves to allow to drain into a bucket - it might splutter abit - this'll justbe the air clearing.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1