Rainwater Leadwork and Hopper a Bad Job?
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

Mikeydiy
Labourer
Labourer

Rainwater Leadwork and Hopper a Bad Job?

by Mikeydiy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi,

I need some advise please. We have just had a new flat roof extension built but the leadwork that drains rainwater into the hopper seems wrong to me.
Attached photos (can add more if required).
My thoughts are:
1. The hopper isn't wide enough.
2. The ply under the lead work shouldn't be visible. Does it project out too far and cause the problem?
3. The seperate piece of lead under the main lead lip is a bit of a bodge to cover up the ply (I told them I didn't think it was correct and they added this second lead piece underneath). There seems to be a paper or card put in on the left side here, I am I imagining it or is it a barcode?
4. Reshaping the lead to direct rainwater properly has begun cracking on the right and still misses on the left.
5. While taking these photos today I noticed the hopper isn't screwed back to the wall and is loose, the screw sticks out a long way (see photo).
If anyone would be kind enough to advise which are real issues and how they should be fixed I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks
Mike
Attachments
Hopper 4
Hopper 4
Hopper 3
Hopper 3
Hopper 2
Hopper 2
Hopper 1
Hopper 1

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 am