Reattaching a Downpipe and Ladder on a Slope
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

reetgood
Labourer
Labourer

Reattaching a Downpipe and Ladder on a Slope

by reetgood » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Hello

Wonder if someone can advise. One of our downpipes has come away from the guttering (plastic/pvc), looks like it could be stuck back on and will need new clips (weren't lined up brilliantly originally, probably why it's come away).

Only problem is that the access if from our drive is on a fairly steep slope. It's a semi detached, two storey. I'm of the DIY competence in that I can put up shelves and hang a curtain rail, nothing much more than that :) Boyfriend not got a head for heights so I would be up the ladder. We'd also need to get a ladder. I'm just checking ladder safety and thinking this is all getting a bit complicated. What's best way to level a ladder on concrete?

Or, if I wimp out, who do I ask to do it for me? Window cleaner cleaned our guttering when he was last round. Or should I ask our builder who's doing some other work for us in January? If I'm a bit leery about going up there, I at least want to send someone who does working at height safely...Seems a bit of a small job for a roofer though!

In slightly related thoughts, does anyone else get people knocking on their door and offering to fix their roof for x amount (when we just had the roof fixed this year)...apparently proposing to do it on their tod with a ladder and think 'mmm no, I'd be having heart failure at every small noise imagining you falling off my roof'. Just me then.

It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:44 pm