Reccomendation for cast iron radiator
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gavcochrane
Labourer
Labourer

Reccomendation for cast iron radiator

by gavcochrane » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm looking to buy a couple of new cast iron radiators. I've Googled for Cast Iron radiators but there are loads of websites selling them. Could anyone recommend a supplier?

I would consider reconditioned radiators from a salvage yard but don't know how to check for internal corrosion, debris ect. and don't want to have to restore the paint work, or deal with obsolete valve parts and connections. However if anyone knows of a good supplier of reconditioned radiators I be happy to speak to them too.

Many thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:55 pm

As you say googling them, you get many suppliers, bascially look yourself to see what is the best deal. I would imagine you will have a budget in mind anyway.

As for buying from a salvage yard, I wouldn't recommend it. You don't know what condition they're in until you pressure test them (probably not until they're connected onto your heating system) bad time to find they're shot and leaking.

I knwo someone that has used Wickes to buy column radiators http://www.wickes.co.uk/Radiators/Desig ... ?curpage=2 worth a look.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:43 am