Regularisation of planning approval
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dawnborn2000
Labourer
Labourer

Regularisation of planning approval

by dawnborn2000 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:42 am

I built an extension after getting planning approval but LPA now want me to resubmit the application in order to 'regularise ' variations undertaken during the works. .
I had to change position of a door & window to comply with bldg regs , & added a small extra extension (2m2 !) to the rear of the original house but linked & built at same time as approved building .
I didnt apply for permission for the extra bit as all guidance showed it to be permitted development ...LPA disagree on basis that it was built at same time as the approved extension .No where in the permitted development guidance does this get stated
Does anyone know if the LPA are correct ..& if I have to resubmit ,can the LPA review all the original issues (ie disproportionate works in green belt ) in the light of other permitted development undertaken after the extension was built ???

ps ..unbelievably I could demolish the extra bit & rebuld it a few days later & then it would be permitted development !!!!!!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

planning permission

by welsh brickie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:00 pm

by what you have stated you have increased your extension without permission,They have allowed it but want a more detailed plan.Call the planning officer and request a meeting he can explain what he needs and clarify the situation.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1